Terms & Conditions
Welcome to TARNAVA Design Studio.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all our customers no matter what we are supplying you - products or services.
These terms and conditions ensure that you are aware of our obligations to you, our customer, and what we require from you, as your supplier. Please note that your statutory rights as a buyer are not affected by these conditions.
We reserve the right to change any product prices, product specifications and availability at any time prior to orders being accepted.
All new pricelists and descriptions supersede all previous publications.
A. New accounts & payments
New accounts may be opened upon satisfactory bank information and full confirmed company details (Full name, legal status, registration number, address, vat number, etc). Meanwhile, orders will be accepted and dealt with by payment made upon Quotations and/or Proforma invoices.
1) There is a minimum order of 2 500,00 Euro net for furniture and a minimum of 60m2 for an interior design service. Smaller orders are possible only on one-off basis for selected display items and on special terms.
2) Quotations & Proforma invoices and Invoices are automatically issued in Euros.
3) Quotations & Proforma invoices issued in Euros are valid for 30 days; after that goods should be re-ordered and will be re-quoted after that time, if still required.
4) On request Quotations, Proforma invoices and Invoices can be issued in foreign currencies such as EURO or US Dollars. In each case we will use the exchange rate of the day, published by The Bank of England. Such quotations and Proforma invoices will be valid 14 days only and if not paid within this period they will need to be requoted. The balance due prior delivery will be requoted at the rate of the day of the announcement that the goods are ready for dispatch. This quote again will be valid for 14 days only and requoted every 14 days after that day till paid in full.
5) No matter if you are an account holder or not, a 50% deposit (of the full value of each order) will be required for payment of the purchase before your order can be processed.
6) For drawings of bespoke items, to be produced basing on images and/or rough sketches delivered by the Client a 100% payment upfront is required. In such cases the client is in full responsible for all intellectual rights for the design or – if not receiving from the client a written statement of his clear and full rights to the design - we will need to change the design min 10% form those presented in the visuals.
7) If you don't have an account payment is on the basis of proforma invoices each time.
8) Acceptance of the proforma invoice in writing is deemed to be acceptance of the contract as set out in these terms and conditions. In case a proforma was not signed if the prepayment was made on its base we find the contract accepted by you and binding.
9) The following methods of payment are acceptable:
- Via bank transfer to our company bank account:
Account name: TARNAVA Design Studio.
EUR account no.: 74 1090 1753 0000 0001 2083 3795
US account no.: 88 1090 1753 0000 0001 3435 4761
GBP account no.: 93 1090 1753 0000 0001 2316 7273
BIC/SWIFT (for international payments): WBKPPLPPXXX
IBAN (for international payments) for the EURO account: WBKPPLPPXXX74109017530000000120833795
- Credit Card payments: only for private clients after confirmation that the item was investigated and accepted by her/him before payment. A card payment is an automatic confirmation of the fact that the items(s) were inspected and accepted by the buyer.
- Cash: we will only accept up to 3 750,00 EUR per order.
10) Credit card companies charge us a fee when you pay with their cards and therefore a credit card fee of 2,5% of the payment value is applied to products purchased with any card.
11) 100% of all due funds need to be cleared prior to shipping and delivery.
12) We would require you to pay the full remaining balance (including all additional due payments) within 7 working days, from notice to you that the item is produced and ready-to-go or that the final project has been completed. Within those 7 days a presentation of the final project is possible at our premises.
- There will be a £10/m³/day fee to be paid if we will have to keep the item stored in our premises after 7 days due to non-payment of the full remaining balance.
- In case of non-payment of the remaining balance for the interior design service we will charge additional 1% of the remaining value for each day of delay – after the date indicated in the final invoice.
B. Fees & Charges
1. For interior design services:
a. interior design consultancy – 80 Euro/h plus cost of our drive to the Client from London or Warsaw. Meetings in the DCCH Chelsea Harbour in the days of our convenience are free of charge for our drive. For larger projects needing larger amounts of our time special arrangements are possible on one-off basis.
b. for interior design services we charge a min 100 Euro/m2 plus a 10% fee on the total value of the goods that are to be ordered via us. Plus cost of our drive to the client each time – the amount of free drives within each project is agreed individually with each Client. As mentioned already we do not undertake projects smaller than 60m2
2. For product design service:
- starting from 200,00 Euro for a single piece (not meant to be reproduced) – depending on the complexity, difficulty and estimated value of the order. The final fee is being indicated basing on the brief from each client – individually.
- from 1000,00 – 10 000,00 Euro for entire furniture lines – depending on the volume of pieces within the line and the complexity of the required design.
- Special arrangements combining a decreased fixed fee and a % on further production is possible on one-off basis for selected display items and on special terms – each time.
3. For production of goods:
a. for provision of goods form external producers and brands – we charge a minimum of:
- 20% management fee for goods bellow the total value of 2000,00 Euro - within one order
- 15% management fee for goods bellow the total value of 2 000,00 Euro to 5 000,00 Euro - within one order
- 10% management fee for goods over 5 000,00 GBP
within one order.
If the clients requires us to make a research for him we charge as for the interior consultancy service. Individual arrangements are possible on one-off basis.
b. for goods produced by us - Bespoke Orders
1) Acceptance of bespoke design
a) Bespoke goods – no matter if based on our design or clients drawings/photos are quoted upfront.
b) 20% non-refundable deposit of approximate value of the ordered item requested to start the design process.
c) This non-refundable deposit is required per each bespoke item.
d) The designs will be provided to you in drawing format.
e) All details must be confirmed in writing prior to the production of all furniture; this is to avoid any misunderstandings between the parties.
2) We will provide an estimate of the time taken to complete a particular job depending on the complexity of the design and the materials to be used.
3) If you are providing us with an image we would like you to confirm to us in writing that there is no infringement of any copyright associated with any brand or designer. We cannot guarantee an exact match unless we are provided complete technical drawings.
4) Client drawings - basing on photos, sketches, etc. - provided by the client and produced by us for signing off will be charged at £30 per hour for each drawing.
5) Bespoke COM orders basing on Clients precise technical drawings and images/3D visuals are subject to a fee:
a. all bespoke orders on Clients instruction of value over 5000,00 Euro nett/per order are subject to a 10% management fee,
b. all bespoke orders basing on Clients instruction of value over from 2500 -5000,00 euro nett/per order are subject to a 15% management fee. Please note that 2500,00Euro nett is a minimum order for production of bespoke goods.
c. when the Client requires us to produce precise technical drawings for his order basing on images or sketches he delivered we require an additional fee of 10% of the approximate of each piece that needs to be drawn. We make an approximate quote after receiving of all images and brief for the Client and the fee for this service needs to be paid 100% upfront. Those drawings need to be confirmed and signed by the Client in written prior production. If payment/prepayment is received this will be understood as an automatic confirmation of the correctness of the drawings provided by us.
6) We reserve the right to alter dimensions to ensure the look for the final design and comfort.
7) Slight differences in dimensions may occur due to the materials within the building process. If the furniture has to fit in a specific space please let us know at the time of ordering.
8) Once you have confirmed an order any changes will be charged with additional fee of £100, but please note that changes may affect both the cost and the delivery schedule.
C. Delivery of items
1) Any delivery date quoted is an estimate and shall not be legally binding on the Seller.
2) Time of delivery shall not be the essence of any contract.
3) We cannot accept any liability for delays caused by any circumstance beyond our control.
4) In the event of us being unable to supply goods subsequently to receiving an order, we shall not be liable for any loss arising, whether incidental or consequential or otherwise.
5) It is your responsibility to ensure are as ordered and that they are of satisfactory quality and quantity as ordered.
6) We strongly recommend that you check the correct description and quantity on the goods delivery note. In the event of any discrepancy whatsoever, you must notify us within 48 hours from delivery and before the goods are used in any way.
7) When you accept delivery please sign the delivery note. We recommend all goods are checked upon delivery. Unfortunately we cannot accept comments written “unexamined” or “unchecked”. Please note if any item is damaged, you need to retain its packaging. All claims for loss or damage (under our guarantee – see section 5 below, or otherwise) must be made within 48 hours from delivery, in writing, otherwise we cannot accept liability.
8) In all events the limits of liability for any fault or defect shall not exceed the purchase price of the item.
9) For delivery purposes we can manufacture our furniture for assembly on site in case you have restricted access to your premises. It is vital however that you give us this information when placing the order as later changes to the design will be chargeable additionally.
10) We only deliver to EU & UK destinations primarily with an external courier service. For other destinations, please contact us for recommendation.
D. Guarantee & Returns
We hope you are happy with your purchase; however, if you are not pleased, note the following terms.
1) We are granting you a 2 year manufacturing guarantee for all our goods. This guarantee only covers the structure of the product and does not cover Its external finishes and soft parts.
2) This guarantee excludes normal wear and tear.
3) If you have any fault due to poor manufacture we will repair or replace the furniture in question at no cost to you. We will only replace like for like, you cannot change any of the sizes, fillings or fabric.
4) Changes can be made at an extra cost, please request a quotation prior to undertaking any steps forward.
5) We reserve the right of discretion, to accept/or refuse the return of any goods supplied.
6) It is your responsibility to ensure that all goods returned are properly packed and returned in good condition.
7) Damaged goods cannot be accepted for credit.
8) If you return the goods and upon examination we find that there is a discrepancy in the reason stated why you returned the goods, then we reserve the right to refuse the credit. In such case the cost of the return of the goods to us and back to you will be your responsibility.
9) If a fault is discovered after the goods have been exported out of the EU by you, it is your responsibility to return the goods to Poland or to the UK at your cost for inspection. We will indicate the address for each item individually. If a repair or replacement is produced by us we will only deliver the goods to a UK or PL destination. If you then wish for the goods to be exported, it will be your responsibility to do this at your cost.
D.1 Guarantee and terms for fabrics
1) If we are supplying the fabric to be used we ask you to look after it as per the manufacturers guidelines as normal wear or tear is not guaranteed. If you are unsure how to care for this fabric, we can advise you on this.
2) Please note that all fabrics, especially the natural ones, change shade in time so new purchases of the same fabric will probably result in items having a slightly different shade than those purchased in the past. In order to validate the new purchase of fabrics make sure to ask for a stock cutting to check the shade of the new fabric.
3) As leather is a natural product, some of the hides may show natural marks, or scars. Depending on the supplier, variation on both texture and colour may occur different from the samples you look at. If you require same batch as original sample given to you, you need to ask for a stock cutting and batch from stock cutting for final order.
4) Natural furs have a different pattern, structure and shade even within one hide. Depending on the supplier, variation on both texture and colour may occur different from the samples you look at. Please note that even when asking a cutting or sample it will not guarantee the same look of the final product, as the sample will show.
5) Some silks and velvets made from cotton and silk can be marked by the slightest touch. As all our furniture is handmade, the handling of fabric is unavoidable and therefore we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the condition of the pile of the fabrics when used during manufacture.
6) Unless you are specifically advised otherwise, all required fire regulation treatments will be to EU domestic upholstery standards. If you are supplying the fabric then the fabric must meet British fire regulations as we cannot be held liable for any furniture made with fabric which does not comply.
7) For certain pieces we can provide a barrier cloth inter-liner depending on where the piece is to be used. Please ensure the fabric is suitable for the use it is intended.
8) Please speak to us if you have any queries over the regulations.
D.2 Guarantee and terms for natural materials and materials imitating natural ones
1) Please note that all natural materials we use in our designs - like stone, wood veneer, mother-of-pearl as well as those imitating natural ones as nacre or faux exotic leathers or furs have a unique, non-repeatable pattern on each single piece as such is their nature. That is why we cannot be held responsible for any differences in the pattern and colour shade within the same items made with such materials.
2) Such materials have also their own, characteristic for each type of material, nature and have to be maintained accordingly. Please take under consideration all their unique qualities prior to ordering.
E. Risk and Title
1) We can discuss - on a one-off basis - to allow a later payment for some selected items that will be purchased for display.
2) In such cases the risk of the goods shall pass to you on delivery but goods shall remain our property until the goods are paid for in full.
3) Until you become the owner of the goods you shall not sell the goods or part with possession of the goods.
4) We may, for the purpose of recovery, enter any premises where the goods are stored for the reason of repossession in case when the payment is being delayed and the goods are not being returned on our request.
5) In cases of repossession or return of unpaid goods – as described in point 4 above – we will be charging you for any damage of the recovered goods as well as for the cost of the repossession process in full.
1) In the event that you cancel an order, you will be responsible for all the costs incurred by us up to the point of cancellation.
2) All cancellations must be notified in writing.
1) A charge is applicable for any returned items, which you wish to exchange, replace or substitute. It can take up to 100% of the original invoice value.
2) Bespoke items carry a 100% charge.
Refunds, exchanges or credit notes are not available for items sold through sales, special offers, seconds and items sold as seen.
I. Intellectual Property
1) All Intellectual Property Rights in respect of our website, catalogues and other promotional materials, as well as in the materials supplied in whatever form to our business partners, such as pictures, 3D visuals, drawings, content, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the sole property of TARNAVA Design Studio, and is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
2) We reserve the right to take and publish on our website and all other marketing materials photographs, videos and other representations of each design projects designed and/or implemented by us as well as all bespoke creations designed and produced by us.
3) If not agreed otherwise, all rights to all TARNAVA Design Studio creations, designs and projects including bespoke pieces designed and manufactured for individual orders are reserved to and remain the exclusive property of TARNAVA Design Studio.
Every effort is made by us to offer the highest possible standard of service. However in the event of any dispute Polish law governs each contract.